Pimple In Throat
Doctors often describe sore throats with spots and blemishes on the back. Pimples are caused by enlarged lymphatic tissue in the tonsils and adenoids, which are the pockets of tissue in the back of the throat.
If you have small spots or lumps in the back of your throat, it can cause irritation and you may have difficulty eating. In this article, we will talk about the causes, symptoms and treatment of pimple in throat.
What are the symptoms of pimple in throat?
Having difficulty swallowing any food, a person with a sore throat may experience some of the following symptoms:
- You have a sore throat.
- You feel a nasal congestion.
- Fever and flu
- Voice change
What are the causes of pimple in throat?
There are following few conditions or situations that may be caused due to the pimples in the throat.
1- Cobblestone in the gorge
This condition occurs when the tissues in the back of the throat become swollen and respond to excess mucus in the throat. This condition is accompanied by flu and can cause irritation.
2- Sore throat
Pharyngitis is more painful and more common in children. It is caused by a viral infection such as chicken pox because during a viral infection your immune system is weakened and your body is able to fight the virus.
A pimple on the back of the throat is also a sign of cancer. It is very rare, but it can happen, but if there is a pimple swelling in the throat and in the whole throat, then this person is more likely to get cancer.
How can the causes of pimple in throat be diagnosed?
If you have a pimple in your throat, you should consult an otolaryngologist, who performs several basic tests to diagnose the problem:
- First, the doctor examines the mouth and throat using a throat exam spatula or tongue depression. This allows the doctor to determine the color of the pimples and the cause of the rash.
- Second, doctors perform blood tests using this method. They identify the type of virus or bacterium that causes the sore throat and then prescribe treatment.
Is there a home remedy for pimple in throat?
Pimples on the back of the throat can be treated with the following home remedies.
- Gargle your throat daily with warm, salty water.
- Eat honey as it controls swelling and cough.
- Suck the throat lozenge or hard candy.
A pimple in the back of the throat is caused by a viral or bacterial infection, so if you have a trap you should see your ENT specialist.
How are pimple in throat treated at home?
- Brush your teeth and gums after every meal.
- Limit or avoid dairy and sugar.
- Keep hydrated
- Gargle with salt water.
Is a white spot on the throat a sign of cancer?
Abnormal lumps in the mouth are a sign of cancer. White spots are called leukoplakia and show the first signs of cancer.
What are the causes of white spots in the throat?
Mononucleosis infection causes white spots in the throat.