Novidat Tablet – Uses, Dosage, Side Effects And Price
Novidat Tablet – The quinolone class of antibiotics includes the antibiotic ciprofloxacin Novidat. A class of antibiotics known as quinolones are used to treat bacterial infections.
Novidat works in your body to stop microorganisms from growing. Your body is protected from adverse effects when controlled bacteria do not multiply.
You should know that Novidat tablet only work against bacterial diseases. It is also ineffective in treating viral infections. Doctors usually prescribe Novidat tablets.
We need to know about these drugs right away. Here you will find everything you need to know about the side effects of Novidat tablet and how to use them.
Novidat Forms Available In Pakistan
Novidat is also available in 3 different forms, including:
- Dry powder for suspension
- Solution for injection
Dosage And Strength Of Novidat Tablet
Novidat is available in different strengths:
- Tablet as 250mg
- Tablet as 500mg
- Dry powder for oral suspension 125mg
- Dry powder for oral suspension 250mg
- Solution for injection as 200mg
- Solution for injection as 400mg
Adults are also usually given a daily dose of 500 mg to 1,000 mg.
The Correct Way To Take Novidat
Novidat can also be taken with or without food. But to avoid indigestion, it is also recommended to take the drug with food. Taking it on an empty stomach can also increase your risk of stomach ulcers.
Also, if you also experience discomfort or nausea after taking Novidat, tell your doctor or nurse as this could also be a sign of a stomach ulcer. To help relieve pain, your doctor may also prescribe or change medications.
- Also, the tablets should not be chewed or crushed. Instead, eat it whole with water to make it easier to swallow.
- It is also very important to follow the doctor’s recommendations and not adjust the dose of the drug.
- The dosage can also be changed on its own, but this can have undesirable consequences.
- In addition, following the doctor’s advice, the patient should also complete a course of antibiotics.
- You can also talk to your doctor before stopping your medication.
View More: Polyfax Skin Ointment – Uses, Dosage And Side Effects
Novidat Tablet Uses
Novidat Tablet is used to solve many problems including:
- Urinary tract infection
- Otitis media
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Lower respiratory tract infection
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Disorders of also the oral cavity
- Lyme disease
- H. Pylori infection
- Skin infections
Prophylaxis For Anthrax Exposure
- Typhoid fever
- Parathyroid fever
- Prosthetic joints infection
- In case of diarrhea, It is also common to take Novidat.
Novidat Tablet Side Effects
Novidat Tabelt can protect against bacteria. However, it also has some side effects. Among these side effects:
- Abdominal pain
- Vomit containing coffee grounds
- Blood in stool
- Black stools
- Acid reflux
- Elevation of liver enzymes
- Serum sickness
Uses Of Novidat Tablets During Pregnancy
Novidat tablets are not recommended for use during pregnancy unless the benefits outweigh the risks to the mother and fetus. Use Novidat only as directed by your doctor.
Blood Vessels Status
Caution is advised in patients with a history of blood vessel disease such as atherosclerosis or aneurysm.
People with Marfan syndrome are advised to use Novidat with caution. Before taking antibiotics, they should consult a doctor.
Drugs are also processed and eliminated by the liver, and any problem causes drugs to accumulate in the body, which also has serious health consequences. Due to reduced liver function, patients with liver disease should also use Novidat with caution.
Hypertension And Heart Disease
Novidat should be used with caution in patients with heart disease, a heart attack, or high blood pressure, also known as hypertension.
Novidat should be used with caution in people suffering from mental illnesses and conditions such as anxiety and depression as it may worsen their symptoms.
Therefore, it is very important to tell your doctor about your medical history, whether it concerns your physical or mental health.
The disorder, known as an arrhythmia, occurs when the heartbeat changes. Patients should use Novidat with extreme caution, as ciprofloxacin can cause life-threatening prolongation of the cardiac QT interval.
Novidat Price In Pakistan
Novidat Price in Pakistan are:
- One tablet of Novidat 250mg costs Rs. 17.5/-.
- Novidat syrup retails for Rs. 127.34 for 60 ml.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- After the expiration date, do not use the medicine; store at room temperature.
The Bottom Line
Novidat is effective against various bacterial diseases. But it is important that you take the medicine only as directed by your doctor. You must also ensure that you comply with the prescribed entry rules to avoid further inconvenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Novidat?
Novidat belongs to a class of antibiotics known as quinolones, which are used to treat bacterial infections.
What is the formula of Novidat?
Ciprofloxacin is a dosage form of Novidat.
What is Novidat tablet used for?
Novidat is used to treat bacterial infections such as urinary tract infections, sinusitis, otitis media, upper respiratory tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, community acquired pneumonia, skin infections, and other infections.