Cirrhosis Of Liver:
Cirrhosis of liver refers to inflammation and damage of parenchyma of liver. It results in degeneration of hepatic cells and dysfunction of liver.
Causes Of Cirrhosis:
- Retention of bile in liver due to obstruction of ducts of biliary system
- Enlargement of liver due to intoxication
- Inflammation around liver (perihepatitis)
- Infiltration of fat in hepatic cells.
Features Of Cirrhosis:
- Fever, nausea and vomiting
- Increased heart rate and cardiac output
- Portal hypertension
- Muscular weakness and wasting of muscles
- Lack of concentration and confused state of mind
- Coma in advanced stages.