Disorders of Kidneys
There are many different kidney disorders.
1- Kidney Stones:
When urine becomes concentrated, crystals of many salts e.g calcium oxalate, calcium and ammonium phosphate, uric acid etc. are formed in it. These large crystals can’t pass from urine and form hard deposits known as kidney stones. Most stones are formed in kidney but may travel to ureter or urinary bladder.
Causes of Kidney Stones:
The major causes of kidney stones are
- Diet (Containing more green vegetables, salts, vitamin C & D).
- Recurring Urinary Tract Infections.
- Less intake of water.
- Alcohol Consumption.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones:
The symptoms of kidney stones includes:
- Severe pain in kidney or in lower abdomen.
- Frequent Urination.
- Foul-smelling Urine with Blood and Pus.
2- Kidney (Renal) Failure:
Kidney failure means complete or partial loss of kidney function. Kidney fails to perform its functions in Renal Failure.
Causes of Renal Failure:
There are two causes of Renal Failure. These are!
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Hypertension or High Blood Pressure
- Sudden interruption in supply of blood to kidney
- Drug overdoses
Symptoms of Kidney Failure:
There are following symptoms of kidney failure:
- High level of urea and other wastes in blood
- Weight Loss
- Frequent Urination
- Blood in urine
- Swelling of legs, feet and face
- Shortness of breath